Sunday, February 17, 2013

Saying Goodbye!

I am sorry for the lack of posts recently. My Father in Law lost his battle with cancer Jan 30th. We found out in October he had liver, lung and stomach cancer. he had his 1st and last chemo treatment the day before thanksgiving. unfortunately it had the opposite effect. we learned on Jan 23rd he would not make it. they brought hospice in and gave him 3 days to 2 weeks. He lived 7 days. My husband went to Atlanta to be with his dad and to say goodbye. My sons and I could not be there because they had just missed a week of school because of the flu. We wrote our final goodbyes in a card from each of us. We told him how much we loved him and that we were praying for him. My husband said he read those cards over and over again. That helped with the guilt I felt for not being there at the end. Here is what I said in my card. Most people are lucky to have good in laws. I have amazing parents. He truly was my dad. He was my rock and he never was cross with me. I love him so much and he will forever be missed.

I have received so many cards in the last few weeks and I am so grateful. I never knew how much a card truly meant when your heart is broken. Each day we received cards helped us heal. We are still struggling day to day. However, I wanted to show you the Thank You cards that I sent to everyone.

I used the retired Upsy Daisy stamp set. I used the flowers and a dauber and inked several different colors to give the multi color effect. Life is precious! Send a card to a loved one and let them know that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment