Friday, August 1, 2014

SAM- Stand Alone Marine

This cause is personal for me. It truly broke my heart. Here is the information if you would like to help. It also explains what a SAM is. I made 100 cards to put into their bags that they will receive after graduation. I wrote a special message to each one. I have adopted my own personal SAM and I have been writing letters to him throughout Boot Camp. I will plan on meeting him for the Parent Family Day and I will also cheer him on at their Graduation. No Marine should be alone after working so hard. My SAM and I will continue our mother and son relationship throughout the rest of our lives. I feel so blessed to be able to do this.

These are Marines that are graduating from Boot Camp with no family or friends present.

Simply mail them to
Gilligan's of Beaufort
2601 Boundary Street
Beaufort, SC 29906

Just please make sure that its clearly labeled on your box which graduation it is for. For example for our graduation
Alpha/Oscar Companies 9/19/14 Graduation.

We need a 100 of any of the following:
Beef Jerky
Chips
Cookies
Candy
Playing Cards
Puzzle Books
Fast Food Gift Cards
Fudge
Pens
Paperback Books
International Calling Cards
Tissues
Gum
Tuna Packets
Trail Mix
Protein Bars
Water
Gatorade
Sanitizers
Cough Drops
Homemade Goodies
Toothbrush
Tooth Paste
Dental Floss
Bottled Water
Stationary
Socks
Small Neck Pillows
Small Blankets
Deodorant
Shampoo
Razors

No comments:

Post a Comment