Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bat Treat Bag




This was shared at Regionals by our Stampin' Up! Founder Shelly Gardner. It was an amazing day with so much info that I forgot to take notes on how to make this little guy. It took me a couple of attempts but I think he turned out adorable. We are making this at my Stamp Club on Sunday.

Supplies:
Big Shot
Spider Web Embossing Folder
Petal Cone Die
Crop a Dile
Perfect Pennants Die
Sticky Strip
1 3/4 Circle Punch
1 inch Circle Punch
Scraps- (Pumpkin Pie, Old Olve, Whisper White)
Basic Black Cardstock
Basic Black Ink Pad
Versa Mark Pad
Black Embossing Powder
Heat Gun
Powder Tray
Pumpkin Pie 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon
Bakers Twine
Red Glimmer Paper
Silver Glimmer Paper
Owl Punch
Wicked Cool Stamp Set

Directions:
-Cut out 2 Petal Cone Dies with your basic black paper
-Take your scissors and cut the top flaps off of each die
-Take your bats and versa mark pad and stamp them on the front of one of the cones
-Take your Blasck Embossing Powder and Heat Gun and Emboss your bats
-Assemble the Petal Cone Die with Sticky Strip
-Cut out 2 Perfect Pennants (the larger ones)-these are your wings
-One the wide side of the wings score straight down at 3/4
-Run the 2 wings back through with the spider web embossing folder
-Start on the wide side punch 1 3/4 circle and then 1 inch circle (you only need a small amount don't use the entire circle)
-Adhere the wings with sticky strip
-Punch a hole on both sides of the bats body and run your pumpkin pie ribbon through (tie a knot on each end)
-Shelly used Glimmer brads but I wanted to feature both of our glimmer papers. I used the large eyes from the owl punch and punched out 2 red pieces. Then I used the medium eyes from the owl punch and punched out 2 silver pieces.
-I freehand made the fangs using the whisper white scarp and paper snips
-Then I used the little decorative circle from the Pennant Die and ran a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock through. I stamped the Spooky image on Old Olive Card Stock and punched it with a 1 inch circle ounch. It is attached to the bag with a piece of Bakers Twine.

I hope you enjoy this little guy. I think he is adorable. If you need any of the supplies you can order them 24 hours a day. www.stampwithfriends.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment